Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rolling in the dough, racking up the miles...




Training and fundraising are moving along nicely. Here's the latest news:

We've been slowly but surely upping the mileage. This Saturday will be longest distance I've run so far--7 long miles. I can't pretend that I push through our longer runs with ease, but every week I feel stronger. I also have a couple of great teammates that run at my pace, so we encourage and challenge each other as we go! One of my running buddies, Carnley, is in the picture above. (Since last weekend was a recovery week, we only ran three miles, and Nimo did it with us. He's a champ!)

For me, it's time to add at least one more run to my week. Thus far, I've only had time for a couple of group runs a week. But--as the mileage goes up my body is starting to complain and that means more training to prepare all of my muscles for the crazy beating it gets every Saturday.

My fundraising started taking off a few weeks ago--already $441 donated!!! Thank you so much to everyone who donated. I know we can make it, but we only have 10 weeks left. Gotta keep our eyes on the prize. So keep it coming, and I'll keep running.

Saludos,
MP

5 comments:

  1. Thats great i couldnt make it a mile and maybe nimo can carry you next time
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Girl!!!!
    Never forget nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it.
    Luv ya.
    Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can find it on the Internet listen to the story of the woman who almost won the Iron Man Triathalon in Hawaii a while back. She fell just short of the finish but to hear her tell the story is inspiring. I will try to find it for you. She had never been a real athlete before she did that race! And she almost won it!

    Keep working.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad--I think I'm going to have to slim down a bit more before Nimo starts carrying me. But, he does his part by being team mascot.

    Aunt Cindy--thanks for the support! I could picture your smiling face saying just that!

    Christine--I'll track down her story. A triathalon sounds painful but what a sense of accomplishment one must feel at the end of that! Thanks for following my progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey honey!! As always, I am so very proud of you and all your accomplishments! You go, girl! Love you lots. D

    ReplyDelete