Monday, April 26, 2010

6 miles in almost perfect weather...

Nelson and I got up bright and early on Saturday to head over to Lake Merced where Team Challenge was meeting to do our six-miler. (Yes, Nelson was in town. No, he didn't run with me, but he did take Nimo out for a LONG walk while I was running. It was so amazing to see him at the end!)

I was super nervous about the run in general because I haven't run six miles in 10 years, literally. It was a beautiful sunny day, but there was a cold breeze which made it an almost ideal running day. In the end, the run was challenging but not impossible. I ran almost the entire way with my teammate, Rachel. She and I have similar paces and both run to trashy pop. It's a pretty perfect match if you ask me!

Before our next run I have to get some familiarity with the course. Why you ask? Since I'm still new to San Francisco, I never really know how long we have been running or how far until the end. I was really frustrated when I realized that I walked a few minutes on mile 5 that I probably would have pushed through had I known we were almost done! Oh well.

Oh--and the new sneakers are great. Still need a little more breaking in, but they were super comfy!

Stay tuned, embarassing pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. I hate not knowing whether I'm at the end or the middle of a run. I almost prefer to run on a track for that reason, it keeps me on pace when I know how long I've gone already.

    Good job with your 6 miler! Do you track your mileage anywhere? I've started tracking on www.dailymile.com and I love it.

    ReplyDelete