Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Half-Marathon Training

I started training for the Napa-Sonoma half-marathon two weeks ago with Team Challenge and I've already run 4.5 miles. My favorite part so far is the fact that I have so much incentive, and support to get my ass of the couch, out of the office or out of bed as the case may be. We have a huge San Francisco team that is ridiculously supportive and fun. I've already started making new friends, which seems to take a bit of time in SF. It's definitely humbling because most of my teammates can kick my butt--I'm usually one of the last people in from our group runs--but they still cheer and smile (instead of pointing and thinking, maybe she should just get back on the couch). I can't say I particularly look forward to the training runs yet, but they are growing on me, if anything, because I know that there will be a plethora of smiling faces to share the pain with, rain or shine.

So--keep an eye out on my blog. I fully intend to keep up with this thing a little more regularly to keep people posted on my training. And yes, I will even subject myself to the humiliation of putting pictures of me in action up.

On another note--Nelson gets here in the morning AND I get to do 6 mini-trials tomorrow for the Homeless Rights Project. What a week--and I actually have work to keep me busy! Woo hoo.

Shameless plug below (hey sorry, donating is part of the deal).

www.active.com/donate/napa10norcal/napa10MPrice

No comments:

Post a Comment